Various symposia, workshops and forums, including: The Irish Abroad, Dispatch and Communications, and more.
Opening Act: Simon Carley, MJ Slabbert, Mike Nolan
Act II: Competence and compassion - one chance to get it right at end of life
Learning with Leisure (see options below)
Act III: Evening Learning: Emergency Care on the Streets or Leadership Forum
Act IV: The World Through My Eyes
Act V: Our Well-Being; Looking out for each other
Final Act: Let’s go Fort! Trauma through the Ages
EMS Gathering Banquet
Learning with Leisure
Our 'learning with leisure' approach ensures there is something to everyone's taste. From walking tours, to bus rides, kayaking to water rescue - it's all there.
Guided walking tour of Cork City discussing addiction, mental health and homelessness issues that can challenge EMS providers.
Expert exponents will take you through the pre-hospital use of POCUS.
Entrapment and extrication
In this workshop the National Ambulance Service, and Cork Fire Brigade will come together with ATACC educators and actors to provide high fidelity simulation to facilitate a discussion around various entrapment and extrication challenges. Experiences as well as tips and tricks from participants around the world will be shared and discussed.
Tour de Force of Emergency Care Skills
This workshop will give you opportunity to practice those skills called on rarely including cricothyroidotomy, surgical airway, Suction Assisted Laryngoscopy Airway Decontamination (SALAD), and haemorrhage control techniques with world class educators.
Crew Resource Management
Who more than EMS needs to understand and appreciate the importance CRM in putting order on chaos through team work and communication? Strengthen and share your CRM skills at this workshop facilitated by trained experts.
Aircraft Emergencies at Cork Airport
This workshop will take place at the simulation training facility at Cork Airport and will be hosted by the site rescue services along with other educators.
Sepsis Bus Tour
Sepsis identification and management continues to challenge pre-hospital and in-hospital clinicians; share tips and tricks including the latest literature while taking in the sights of Cork City.
Wellness at Work
This workshop teaches sensible and clever ways to mitigate the stresses of your day-to-day existence to optimize your wellness, happiness and productivity.
Water Rescue on the River Lee
In this workshop local rescue services will come together on the banks of the river Lee to demonstrate the challenges and surrounding river rescue as well as sharing tips and tricks from participants present from around the world.
Health and Well-being (River kayaking)
Learn how to optimize your Health and Well-being as you Kayak the River Lee. This workshop is facilitated by experts in the field as well as Jim Kennedy previous record holder for fastest rower on London’s River Thames!
'Competence and compassion - one chance to get it right at end of life' Workshop
This workshop is designed to give those who have to deliver bad news and broach difficult conversations increased confidence. Participants will leave the workshop with some tools and techniques to prepare for a difficult conversation and ensure that they are supporting patients and relatives through a stressful time in their lives.
Tactical Emergency Care
Care under Fire - Tactical medicine for the Pre-hospital Practitioner
Abstracts can be submitted via online form only: https://goo.gl/LPucNX
- Closing date is Wed 1st August 2018 at 2359 GMT.
- Only abstracts that have been submitted in final form on and before the deadline will be considered for inclusion in the abstract session.
- Paramedics, physicians, nurses, students of all disciplines, and other medical providers are all encouraged to participate.
- Submitting an abstract does not register you for the EMS Gathering. You must register for the EMS Gathering separately.
- The Abstract Committee will consider for acceptance abstracts that have been previously presented at other national, regional, and international scientific meetings.
- Abstracts on topics covering prehospital clinical care, education, service delivery, management, research and more will be considered.
- Abstracts will be peer-reviewed in blinded fashion. Abstract scoring and acceptance will be based strictly on merit.
- Authors will be notified if their abstract has been selected for oral or poster presentation as soon as the review is complete (review will commence on closing date). Further details regarding placement as an oral or poster presentation, as well as times of presentation will follow as soon as possible
- There will be 5 presentations ranked for oral presentation from submitted abstracts. Oral abstracts will be 10 minutes in length with 2 minutes for Q&A per presentation.
- Other scored abstracts will be invited for poster display.
- The Irish Journal of Paramedicine (IJP) will publish all oral and poster abstracts that are accepted and presented at the EMS Gathering in a special supplement following the meeting.